It’s not uncommon that as you come across ads, such as ones online through streaming services or through TV commercials, you may have heard of erectile dysfunction medicine meant to treat the condition. Despite the fact that many of us are aware it exists, most of us don’t know a whole lot about it. This can be troublesome as there are many myths surrounding ED that can confuse you if you or someone you know is struggling with it. We at the Executive Pharmacy, in Miami-Dade County, FL, want to help dispel those myths so that you or someone you know can find the proper form of erectile dysfunction treatment. We also service patients in Broward County.
Myths About Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction is a condition where the patient is unable to achieve an erection or sustain that erection in regard to sexual intercourse. Intercourse is a healthy part of a relationship, but ED can put stress on it in different ways, such as preventing a couple from having a child or leave the other partner feeling like they are the cause. You may have some preconceived notions about ED that could affect your relationship as well, which is why it’s important that you know the truth about these myths.
- Myth: ED is a natural part of aging
- The truth is that healthy adults may never experience ED even in old age. In fact, while you are more likely to develop ED in your older years, it’s entirely possible for young people to experience it as well.
- Myth: ED is inconvenient but otherwise harmless
- While erectile dysfunction itself may not be harmful, some causes of the condition can be more dangerous if not life-threatening. You shouldn’t panic if you have ED, but a doctor’s visit is imperative to treat the bigger issue if the cause is something serious.
- Myth: Only pills will treat ED
- Medication is only one form of erectile dysfunction treatment. It largely depends on the cause of your ED, but lifestyle changes, therapy, or other procedures may be more effective than medication.
- Myth: I don’t need to see a doctor; I just need supplements
- ED supplements might help you. But without seeing a doctor, you won’t know if supplements are safe for you or if that form of treatment is right for your case of ED. Some might interfere with preexisting conditions, such as diabetes or heart disease.
What Erectile Dysfunction Medicine Treats
To know what you’re trying to treat, it’s important to understand a bit of what causes ED. We’ve mentioned before that erectile dysfunction can be caused by a number of different things, including potentially dangerous conditions. Sexual drive is something driven by a number of aspects including hormones, one’s emotional state, brain activity, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels. If something is happening in any one of these areas, ED can develop. Here is a list of some things that may trigger it:
- Physical Conditions
- Low Testosterone
- Scar Tissue
- Sleep Disorders
- High Blood Pressure
- Clogged Blood Vessels
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Mental Conditions
- Relationship Conflicts
Contact Us for Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
If you’re experiencing ED, your next steps are to speak with a physician and to find the right erectile dysfunction medicine or treatment for you. We at Executive Pharmacy specialize in compounding medication, meaning we are able to develop formulas specifically to treat you. With so many things that can cause ED, it’s important that you receive the kind of treatment designed for your needs specifically. If you’re around either Broward County or Miami-Dade County, contact us to receive medication compounded for your needs.